To install “4kids” theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Update WordPress: To ensure a positive user experience, we highly recommend you to update your WordPress to the latest stable version 3.9+. This will help to ensure that you are able to utilize all of the latest features of WordPress.
Extract the zipped package downloaded from your account to your desktop; in the extracted package you will find main.zip file.
You can install the theme in two ways:
- via FTP: Extract main.zip file, then extract 4kids.zip and upload it to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- via WordPress:
- Login to admin panel.
- Go to Appearance – Themes and click on the tab Install Themes. Choose upload.
- Click on Browse…, select the “4kids.zip” and click in Install Now.
- After successfull installation click on Activate or go to Appearance – Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
- Next, you will see a new menu item Appearance – Theme Options.